- Ardmore has grown from a single housing unit built in 1911 to a thriving center of businesses, banks, churches and a modern high school. It is located within four counties and two different states.
- During 1910 a railroad company announced plans to build a direct route in between Nashville and Alabama. By nineteen fourteen, the railroad was finished and there was a burgeoning community. When the depot opened in 1914 it was called Ardmore and the town eventually adopted this name.
- In 1916 a high school was constructed on the Alabama side and in 1928 an elementary school was built.
- The first Baptist church was organized around 1915 and the building finished construction in 1915. The first Ardmore cheese company opened in 1940 and the factory is still in operation today.